The Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Republic of Tatarstan is an executive authority of the Tatarstan Government that pursues governmental policies in the field of manufacturing industry and consumer market, administrating the sphere of interregional and foreign economic relations, and attracting foreign investment.
The principal functions of the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Republic of Tatarstan are as follows:
1. Governing the manufacturing industry;
2. Governing the power industry;
3. Governing the fuel industry;
4. Governing the chemical and petrochemical industries;
5. Governing the mechanical engineering and metal working industries;
6. Governing the forest, wood, and pulp-and-paper industries;
7. Governing the light industry;
8. Governing the foreign trade activities of the Republic of Tatarstan and activities in the field of compatriot relations including, but not limited to:
• Coordinating the activities of representative offices and trading houses of the Republic of Tatarstan;
• Supporting economic, information and cultural ties with the CIS and non-CIS countries, as well as those in the field of compatriot relations;
• Administering the interaction between executive authorities of the Republic of Tatarstan and public authorities in constituent entities of foreign states;
9. Regulating the provision of domestic consumer market with goods and services;
10. Ensuring the routine interaction between executive authorities of the Republic of Tatarstan and executive authorities in constituent entities of the Russian Federation on the issues of social and economic cooperation;
11. Governing the energy and resource saving procedures.